Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application, or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of a massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross-border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a software engineer to join a growing team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. You will work closely with applied scientists and machine learning engineers to build robust solutions that power our liquidity services at scale. You will mentor other software engineers, setting and demonstrating high standards and technical excellence. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build applications integrating with blockchain technologies and all forms of currencies (traditional as well as crypto)
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, from software design and requirements gathering to the unit and integration testing
- Integrate with the XRP Ledger, a distributed ledger built on the principles of Blockchain and its native currency XRP, the fastest and most scalable digital asset
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, design, marketing, integrations, ops, customer success, legal, etc
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Demonstrated success by building highly elegant, scalable, and responsive web applications for consumers/enterprise customers
- Some hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 5-7+ years in Java or similar (Go, Python) and 2+ years experience working as a tech lead
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in finance/banking / e-commerce domains), backed by an RDBMS or NoSQL.
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on shipping customer-facing features on a regular cadence including, scalability and security.
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving donation match
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!