The Discipline ❤️
Our engineering discipline builds the technology that enables MoonPay to learn quickly and scale easily. We organise in small cross-functional squads of 4-6 engineers and an embedded Product Manager, Product Data Analyst and QAE. We currently have squads across Crypto / NFT / Payments / KYC / Core Product and others. We’re pragmatic and believe in having a fluid structure, this means people can move between teams or specialise.
Tech Stack 💻
What you’ll do 👀
- Take ownership of MoonPay’s native crypto stack. This is a new area for us and you’ll be owning the architecture and implementation from day one.
- Build lightweight hot wallets to handle Ethereum key generation and outbound transfers to our customers.
- Work with Ethereum layer 2 scaling solutions like Polygon (Matic) and zkSync to offer layer 2 ETH assets to our customers.
- Work on other innovative blockchains where few have ventured such as Flow.
- Work with Product Managers to come up with the best solutions and implementation plans for new features or changes to existing ones.
- Contribute to the estimations, planning and execution of projects, features, and integrations.
- Write fully tested, high quality and performant code.
As a Senior you will be expected to:
- Mentor and coach Engineers.
- Champion the writing of high quality code.
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the Engineering discipline.
- Lead squads from an Engineering perspective, partnering closely with Product Managers.
You should apply if ✅
- You’ve built production-grade cryptocurrency wallets.
- You have extensive engineering experience at leading startups or fast growing tech companies focusing on the crypto stack.
- You are confident in developing, releasing and maintaining server applications in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- You have either had experience with Solidity, Ethereum and Bitcoin or are confident you can cross train and up skill quickly.
- You’ve got a deep understanding of blockchain fundamentals, theories, principles and best practices.
- Bonus points if you make open-source contributions or have experience in Blockchain, Web3 or FinTech.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (20-30 minutes)
- Initial screen (30-45 minutes)
- Remote take-home task
- Final interview (2 hours)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.