Fully Remote, International and U.S. Applicants May Apply
Metaplex Studios is the official standard for Solana NFTs and the largest NFT ecosystem in the world. In less than one year since launch, we have experienced massive growth with over 18 million NFTs created using the Metaplex protocol, facilitating over $3 billion in commerce for developers and creatives of all kinds. Solana’s energy efficiency, low cost, and fast transaction speeds provide a unique opportunity now to build a future for NFTs as the infrastructure for an increasingly broad scope of use cases; it has already been used for over 85k projects in gaming, arts & collectibles, marketplaces, developer tools, and more.
On a mission to empower creators, Metaplex champions a world full of diverse perspectives, creativity and art. For this to be possible, creators must have increased access to their audience, powerful tools that are easy to use, and be able to retain more financial benefits from the sales and use of their work. We believe tokens and blockchain technology are a critical tool for this purpose. For more information, visit www.metaplex.com
About This Role
The 1st Party team makes it easier for non-technical creators and collectors to use Metaplex’s tools and experience NFTs. This includes no-code interfaces for minting NFTs, managing collections, and more.
We are looking for a product designer who brings a customer focus to their work, balances qualitative and quantitative inputs, and excels at partnering with both product and engineering teams.
What You'll Need
- Demonstrated success working on consumer products that span desktop and mobile. Bonus if your prior experience includes working on creator experiences, commerce platforms, marketplaces, or similar products.
- Ability to lead and oversee the user experience of a single feature or set of features from conception to launch.
- Experience using visual design libraries and standards.
- An interest in working closely with product engineers and product managers to ship product features focused on prioritized customer needs.
- Strong communication skills. You’re able to grasp technical concepts and turn them into simple solutions for non-technical audiences.
- You enjoy zero-to-one products, early evolving technology, and are comfortable experimenting and iterating based on tests and learnings.
- Strong interest in web3, from the overall NFT market dynamics to the creation process. You have already minted, bought, and sold NFTs, and can articulate current pain points and opportunities for NFTs, DAOs, and the most important problems to solve for creators.
- Bonus: experience working with remote teams.
- 4+ years of product design experience, including working on consumer products.
- Experience with zero-to-one, early stage products.
- Customer focused prioritization, with experience using both qualitative and quantitative input in your design process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of design process, artifacts, and effective collaboration with engineers and product management.
- Able to self manage workload, prioritizing and communicating effectively with product and engineering partners.
Nice to have
- Experience working in the NFT space, at an NFT marketplace or technology business for example.
- Experience working closely with user research to validate and iterate on designs.
- Deep understanding of the Solana ecosystem, players, and competitive landscape.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental and vision premiums paid 100% by Metaplex.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 4% employer match with immediate vesting.
- $4K stipend for technology.
- Remote organization.
- Unlimited vacation and company days off for all US national holidays.