We are looking for a Detection and Response Engineer to join us in the Security Response Team here at BitMEX. If you have a keen eye for detail and believe that successful Security Response activities begin with proactive hunting and competent engineering, we want to talk to you.
This is a remote position for the Latin America regions. Occasional overnight and weekend on-calls are required for this role.
- Responsible for threat detection and monitoring of high fidelity security alerts (that you will have a hand in defining)
- Perform Incident Response activities to resolve security incidents and minimize risk for the organization
- Identify security gaps and implement constant improvements to our security stack
- Communicate effectively with lines of business and clients to address complex information security issues
- 3+ years of experience working in a Security Operations role and experience handling security incidents from triage to remediation
- Experience with dealing with a SIEM tool such as Splunk or ELK
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge of Security frameworks such as Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK and how they can be used to understand and defend against cyber attacks.
- Familiar with shell scripting, or another scripting language such as Python
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision