BlockFi is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Core Banking Platform team!
About the Team
The Core Banking Platform Team designs, develops, integrates, and maintains critical backend infrastructure for BlockFi's Products used by our clients worldwide. As a member of this team, you will help to build highly available, resilient, & secure services using Golang (Go) that will be used by every BlockFi product at global scale.
We’re building the core services that power our business and help manage multi-billion worth of assets. We are pragmatic problem solvers that are excited to tackle some of the most interesting challenges in the Crypto-FinTech arena.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead the development of features and mid-sized projects, identify and define problems, design and implement technical solutions, and mentor and teach more junior engineers. We are looking for proactive, collaborative, and adaptive engineers who have real world distributed systems experience at scale.
- Work with diverse stakeholders to ensure our systems are built for availability, reliability, resilience, scalability, performance, and security from the ground up.
- Write design proposals and review proposals from other engineers. Ensure tradeoffs are clearly and publicly documented, and that designs are aligned with business goals.
- Deliver and Own Solutions:
- Responsible for creating and executing on plans and designs end to end: estimating, prototyping, implementing, testing, maintaining, debugging, and supporting high-quality software in production.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document both functional and quality attribute requirements.
- Adhere to quality standards through cross-team communication, mentoring, code review, and backlog grooming.
- Accountable for system availability and monitoring system health; ensure alerts, metrics, and runbooks are in place; and debug issues in production.
- Quickly learn new tools and technologies, develop an understanding of existing systems, and identify and tackle high impact work.
- Proactively seek to learn about the company, products, processes, and culture. Align technical decisions with business goals.
- Technical Breadth as well as Depth in Several Areas:
- 5+ years of industry experience working with, designing, and building distributed systems at scale.
- 2+ years experience with Go.
- Experience building and owning business critical distributed systems running on AWS or GCP or other public cloud.
- Experience with fintech or banking platforms is preferred.
- Experience with containerized deployments and continuous integration methodologies
- Able to clearly identify, communicate, and document technical tradeoffs, and guides others to do the same.
- Technical Ownership: Experience owning software systems end-to-end, designing, estimating, implementing, testing, maintaining, debugging, and supporting high-quality software in production.
- Communication: Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Collaboration: Empathetic and does the legwork required for building consensus. Always seeks out feedback on technical designs, solutions, and code.
- Initiative and focus on outcomes: Works independently and takes initiative while maintaining transparency and collaboration. Can deliver high quality solutions without assistance. Proactively identifies problems and comes to conversations with possible solutions.
- Adaptive: Ability and motivation to quickly learn new languages, technologies and tools. Pragmatic bias toward outcomes, and technical decisions that solve real business problems.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive Compensation because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork