Bitfury is seeking a Technical Support Specialist for its Three Hills, Alberta data centre.
The purpose of the position is to ensure the proper functioning of the basic equipment / technic of the company.
- Assembles and installs IT equipment for Blockchain Box Systems.
- Monitors Blockchain Box Systems – Networks.
- Executes equipment change in the Blockchain Box Air Condition (Printed Circuit Boards, Fans, Power Supply Unit).
- Completion of daily logs and statistics.
- Monitors inventory and ensures sufficient supply available.
- Follows site established housekeeping rules, both internal and external.
- Behaves in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves, their co-workers and others on the work sites.
- Refuses all unsafe work and immediately reports all unsafe conditions and behaviors to their supervisor.
- Reports incidents, injuries and near misses and participates in the investigative process.
- Assists other teammates when required.
- Attends and participates in toolbox and safety committee meetings as scheduled.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, and directions regarding standards of workplace behaviour in completing job duties and assignments.
- Complies with the standards and procedures of Bitfury’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (shift-work, night-shift, weekends and holidays) required.
- Proven ability to adapt to a variety of environmental factors and extreme weather conditions while performing operational requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience related to the IT field or similar required.
- Ability to lift and move heavy materials up to 40lbs.
- Understand and follow verbal and written directions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated dedication and reliability.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, contractors and employees.
- Any additional safety tickets such as Standard First Aid & CPR will be considered an asset.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Must have a means of transportation as most locations are not accessible with public transportation
- This role is considered to be a Safety Sensitive Position and may require additional screening.
- Must have CSA approved safety boots.