The Platform Engineering team at RippleNet is a cross-functional Software Engineering and Operations team with involvement at all phases of our application and service release lifecycle that embraces the DevOps method of communication, collaboration and integration.
Senior Platform Engineers are responsible for the design and implementation of the production services, applications and platform components that comprise our backend. In this role you have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in systems management, software development and distributed systems to provide best-practices guidance as well as tier-3 support for a novel new business that is based on Blockchain technology and moving billions of dollars globally.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with operations and software engineering teams to design and implement scalable and high-performance solutions for our platform as a service and internal management tools.
- Drive automation of application deployment for production and pre-release environments.
- Define monitoring requirements and implement automated incident resolution solutions.
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts and systems.
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for internal service level objectives (“3 9’s” of availability).
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Platform Services and Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation. Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on-time delivery.
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams
- Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 5-8 years of extensive experience including in managing Linux/Unix platforms in these functions: Containerization/Virtualization, DNS, Linux system configuration and administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of Kubernetes and service-oriented architectures
- Experience with configuration and change management, monitoring, alerting and observability
- Experience with autoscaling, multi-cluster + Multi-AZ redundancy, Log and application tracing (Jaeger, ELK, etc.)
- Understanding of TCP/IP, load balancing clusters, server load balancing, firewalls
- Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle
- Understanding of GitOps principles and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to support and administer high volume pre-release and production environments for internal and external facing application
- Experience with one or more Unix shell scripting languages (Bash, C-Shell, etc.)
- Experience with one or more object-oriented scripting languages (Python, Java). Golang preferred.
- Experience with build management and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, ArgoCD, and Argo Workflows)
- Understanding of revision control and continuous integration best practices
- Experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details such as JIRA, OTRS or Service Now
- Demonstrated Experience with cloud services (Amazon EC2/S3, OpenStack, GCP) elastic capacity administration and cloud deployment and administration tools a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.