RECUR is seeking a security engineer to help build security into our NFT platform and applications from the ground up. This position offers the opportunity to help establish our security engineering capability and grow it over time.
What do we at RECUR believe makes a great security engineering team?
Here are our team's core beliefs:
We are pragmatic and easy to do business with.
- We seek team members who care more about the team’s results than their achievements.
- Leadership must be tolerant of making mistakes.
- Team members must help, teach, and mentor one another.
- We must not blame individuals when things go bad but evaluate how we do it better next time as a team.
- We must be clear on what that mission is and minimize the distractions on the teams executing that mission.
- Small teams execute better than big ones; we empower small teams with ownership and minimize their dependencies.
- We encourage self-directed innovation.
What you will do at RECUR
- Ensure the team has visibility into logging sources by partnering with engineering and operation teams.
- Understand our technical footprint and potential pathways for compromise and collaborate on improvements to reduce risk.
- Triage, respond to, and investigate security incidents affecting cloud infrastructure, systems, and the RECUR Platform.
- Work with our bug bounty provider and engineering teams to validate, prioritize, and resolve security vulnerabilities.
- Contribute to internal tooling that supports our cloud and application security posture.
- Work across security and engineering teams, collaborating on efforts to secure our infrastructure, products, and the enterprise.
What you bring to RECUR
- You have 3+ years of work experience in software development or infrastructure security.
- You have programming experience in Python and/or Go to build scalable security tools.
- You have familiarity with securing cloud services running in modern cloud environments.
- You have experience in developing and deploying cloud-native applications in production.
- You have demonstrated technical experience across related security disciplines, e.g., identity governance and administration, appsec, network security, infrastructure security, etc.
- You can prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel.
- You have previous experience working in collaborative security teams.
- You have a background in cloud security.
Benefits & Perks
- Commitment to being a remote-first company & embracing remote work best practices
- Comprehensive insurance plans - health, dental, and vision + disability and life Insurance
- Equity in RECUR
- 401(k) with 2% company matching, no waiting period
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Accounts
- 4 weeks paid vacation, 11 company holidays, 3 floating holidays
- Parental Leave - Primary & Secondary
- $100 per month stipend for internet & cell phone
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Free monthly subscription to Headspace, Aaptiv, Omada