Out of Hours Customer Services Officer
With a starting salary of £21,800, rising to £24,50 per annum based on a full time post (37.5 hours per week), this role will involve taking a variety of calls on behalf of several Local Authority and Housing Association clients. The successful candidate/s will be assisting service users and residents in identifying and resolving the problems they present.
This can range from signposting customers to external agencies to pro-actively finding resolutions for residents within any of the Boroughs we support.
You will be working as part of an Out of Hours team and therefore will need to take a flexible approach to your working hours.
We are currently recruiting to fill the following positions:
- Saturday - Sunday - 9am - 5pm
- Saturday - Sunday - 5pm - 1am
Experience of handling calls on behalf of a local authority or a good understanding of housing/social care is desirable.
- A good understanding of either Social Care services or the social housing sector is desirable but not essential
- A background in handling calls for either emergency repairs or social care would be an advantage
- Experience in handling Emergency calls and triage is also desirable but not essential
- Office administration experience
- Experience dealing with vulnerable/distressed callers in emergency situations.
- Excellence in maintaining a high standard of customer service professionalism under tense scenarios by callers who may be in the situation for the first time.
Skills and Abilities
- Literacy and numeracy skills.
- Computer literacy – ability to use multiple remote desktops and platforms.
- Producing reports including non-standard reports, using Dynamics 365 package, Excel spreadsheet’s and database applications.
- Interpersonal, organisational, and administrative skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to achieve deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to investigate complex queries within set guidelines and follow set process led procedures.
- Ability and willingness to take a proactive approach to work and training needs.
- Ability to monitor own workload and process accurate information until completion.
- Commitment to equalities and the promotion of diversity in all aspects of working.
- Polite and professional sounding tone, ability to best progress the client’s needs and expectations whilst remaining impartial and professional throughout.
- Ability and willingness to self-develop at a natural visibly progressing pace.
- Knowledge of the services provided by Agilisys OOH’s and detailed knowledge of services provided by the team
- Knowledge of a range of IT systems
- Awareness of Data Protection and confidentiality issues
- Staff will be expected to have an awareness of working within guidelines and processes.
Essential Qualifications or Skills required: Verbal Communication & Telephony Skills, Listening, Data Entry Skills, People Skills, Customer Service, Attention to Detail, Professionalism & Multi-tasking.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
1. To accurately record & maintain information using multiple systems/databases.
2. The ability to work unsupervised and be held accountable for all your actions.
3. Using training on services to make assessments based on information provided at first point of contact.
4. To escalate appropriate calls to specialist or Team Leaders where appropriate.
5. Maintain awareness of any updates regarding procedural changes.
6. To have a good understanding of GDPR to ensure this is being adhered to when exchanging information.
7. To utilise appropriate IT systems and processes to manage and record customer contacts and ensure appropriate information is collected.
8. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time.
9. To take a flexible proactive approach to training on services to better your knowledge and expertise constantly and consistently.
· Demonstrate competence in providing a high level of Customer Service and deliver a high standard of calls in a confident, professional & friendly manner
· Previous experience of working within a customer focused environment
· Demonstrate the ability to understand different procedures and retain information across a number of different campaigns.
· Knowledge of how local authorities or other large organisations operate.
· Experience of working within the housing or social care sector.
· Able to communicate clearly and openly displaying excellent listening skills at all times.
· Demonstrate ability to work and adhere to Customer Service Standards and Values.
· To work flexibly and co-operatively to ensure that operational service priorities are met.
· Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines under pressure
What's in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme.
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.