About CoinDesk Indices
CoinDesk Indices will provide crypto data solutions to our customers that allow them to license, ingest and use data on a desktop offering across their enterprise and consume data feeds in real-time. Mission-critical datasets will serve as a critical source of information across CoinDesk Indices, CoinDesk Media, DCG subsidiaries, and ultimately, the most respected capital markets firms. We will become a content partner and a thought leader in building solutions for Market Data, On-Chain Data, and Analytics.
About the role
Our engineers build and maintain the technology underpinning indices and market data platforms. They are responsible for core infrastructure development, data ingestion, transformation, and distribution, as well as measuring and improving the performance of our systems.
We are seeking a results-oriented database engineer to help optimize the performance of our organization's databases. You will be enhancing our data storage capacity, writing new support programs and scripts, and troubleshooting database code.
To ensure success as a database engineer, you should exhibit knowledge of best practices in database management and experience in a similar role. A top-notch database engineer will be someone whose database optimization skills translate into the efficient flow of information throughout an organization.
- Maintaining and enhancing the performance of existing databases
- Assisting development teams in designing and optimizing databases to meet the organization's data storage needs
- Monitoring databases to ensure optimal performance
- Scale existing databases to scale data storage capacity
- Debugging and resolving database conflicts
- Adhering to best practices in securely managing databases
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance
- Keeping abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in database engineering
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture
- Experience with PostgreSQL and relational databases
- Experience with Kafka
- Exposure to in-memory databases such as Redis, Elasticache and Memcache
- Knowledge or experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience with Linux
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Knowledge with crypto currencies, FX, or capital markets
- Strong knowledge of Redis or Elasticache
AWS, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, Linux, Python, Git