As a Blockchain Data Engineer, you'll be responsible for building and maintaining the data infrastructure for the DeFi projects Nethermind is involved in. You'll write and maintain ETLs and their orchestration in order to build meaningful products and APIs.
- Building bespoke data infrastructure for various projects.
- Crawl and ingest data from various blockchains.
- Create scalable systems to solve different problems using modern cloud technology and industry best practices.
- Design database schema that is performant, scalable, and maintainable
- Assist with data analysis queries, carrying out data analysis on the infrastructure.
- Experience/strong interest in blockchain
- Experience in greenfield data engineering projects, specifically in data infrastructure projects.
- Advanced knowledge of modern data pipeline architecture and cloud platforms, e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, and describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategies.
- Hands-on design experience with data pipelines, joining data between structured and unstructured data.
- Knowledge of data pipeline tools (e.g. Snowflake/Redshift/BigQuery, AWS lambda/S3, Apache Airflow, Spark/Hadoop etc.).
- Comfort with one or more: Python/Scala/Java/Golang
- Comfort writing SQL queries.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, and build processes.
- Comfort with infrastructure as code, Terraform/Terragrunt
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and Restful APIs
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Plus equity