CoinDesk, Inc, a media, event and indices & data company, is the most influential, trusted platform for the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, the CoinDesk Media platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets and blockchain technology with news and insights, podcasts, live streaming TV shows, and research reports. CoinDesk Indices are the industry standard for institutional single and multi-asset benchmarks for crypto assets. The flagship CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (XBX) has been in operation continuously since 2014. Consensus has been recognized since 2015 as the most influential event in crypto and blockchain.
CoinDesk is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest privately-held investment companies in the crypto industry who's mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system.
We are looking for an exceptional People Operations Associate to support our growing People & HR Team. The ideal candidate is resourceful, empathetic, curious, highly organized with strong attention to detail, and able to prioritize effectively to execute on their deliverables. You will be a key member of the People & HR Team, supporting all day-to-day operations and providing a high level of service to our internal stakeholders.
This role will report to the People Operations Manager but will work cross-functionally with Recruiting, Workplace Experience, and Finance teams. This is a tremendous opportunity for a highly motivated HR professional to grow their career and skill set in an exciting industry.
- Manage and iterate on key processes related to the employee lifecycle, including onboarding and offboarding, benefits, time tracking, PEO enrollment and employment verifications, goal setting, and annual compliance training.
- HRIS administration to ensure the integrity of employee data in PEOs and BambooHR for accurate reporting.
- Serve as the first point of contact by fielding questions related to policies, processes, programs, and benefits. Update and communicate to the broader population on changes.
- Collaborate with other People & HR team members on culture-enhancing initiatives to promote a positive employee experience for all our NYC Local and Remote employees.
- Provide reporting and analytics based on existing HR data.
- Ensure internal knowledge management repositories are maintained and updated.
- Identify inefficiencies and work with broader team to ideate and implement solutions.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a professional environment interacting with all levels of employees (including senior leadership) and experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project and stakeholder management skills.
- Comfort operating within excel preferred, or at minimum, an interest and willingness to learn (v-lookup, pivot tables, basic formulas and data synthesis).
- Experience with BambooHR, Lattice, TriNet preferred.
- Basic understanding of HR best practices.