About CoinDesk Indices
CoinDesk Indices will provide crypto data solutions to our customers that allow them to license, ingest and use data on a desktop offering, across their enterprise, as well as consume data feeds in real-time. Mission-critical datasets will serve as a key source of information across CoinDesk Indices, CoinDesk Media, DCG subsidiaries, and ultimately, the most respected capital markets firms. We will become a content partner and a thought leader when it comes to building solutions for Market Data, On-Chain Data, and Analytics.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Data Product Manager (Head of Product & Data Intelligence) to report to the President; someone with crypto/blockchain and digital asset experience to define and create a data product offering. This position will be responsible for acquiring cryptocurrency data, developing new techniques to map activity on cryptocurrency to real-world entities, and surfacing the data in our products.
As part of your responsibilities, you will craft and execute strategies for acquiring new cryptocurrencies, work with a team of brilliant researchers, data scientists, and software engineers, lead the development of analytical techniques to map entities on the cryptocurrency and create tools and features for our customers to understand cryptocurrency activity, and prioritize customer requests vs. new research-based modeling initiatives. Our ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity and enjoys diving deep and translating complex data and product problems into clear product requirement documents and roadmaps. As part of this role, you will work with Engineering, Operations, Research, and Sales teams.
- Expertise in all of our analytical capabilities to map cryptocurrency activity to real-world entities. You have deep knowledge of all our data assets and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Deep understanding of our customers’ problems in cryptocurrency investigations and transaction monitoring, and have translated these pain points into quantitative problems that the Data Product team can solve.
- Develop a framework for acquiring new cryptocurrencies, created a robust coin acquisition roadmap, crafted a product strategy, and executed against it.
- Create several clearly-written product requirement documents and launched new features in our products.
- Create frameworks for prioritization between customer requests vs. research-led modeling initiatives.
- Successfully presented long-term plans to senior leadership and got their buy-in to execute a long-term plan for modeling and cryptocurrency acquisition.
- Expertise in accessing and analyzing all of CoinDesk Indices datasets including cryptocurrency data, product usage data, and financial metrics.
- Set clear OKRs for the team, get buy-in from your stakeholders, and start delivering against those OKRs.
- Implemented robust planning processes created clear roadmaps and rallied the data science and engineering teams around the OKRs.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics, or a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience or minimum 3 years of product management experience with proven results.
- Experience in building data products or products with a significant data component, e.g. recommendation products or search/discovery products.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Comfortable conducting data analysis independently - e.g. SQL, Python, Excel, AWS and/or other.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills still delivering timely results.
- Work with the editorial teams to provide timely, valuable data to create stories and analyses.
- Experience in the crypto industry and/or understanding of cryptocurrency data.
- You were a software engineer or data scientist in a previous role.