The Business Systems Team at Chainalysis works collaboratively across Chainalysis to develop and drive strategy around our marketing, sales, and business systems as we scale our Go-to-market and customer-facing operations through hypergrowth.
We’re looking for a CPQ Lead to help define and configure our quote-to-cash for scale. The ideal addition to our team knows what great looks like, but is also flexible, resourceful, and collaborative to figure out both the right long term strategy and next steps for the near term. You’ll partner closely with our pricing team and other partners across our Revenue, Finance and Enablement teams to define the right configuration and user experience across all of our products. Salesforce is the center of our tech stack and is the backbone that helps our organization run effectively. The configuration you build will help us to track ACV/ ARR, forecast, and allow Account Executives to seamlessly close a deal.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you…
- You’ve established yourself as the subject matter expert in our product configuration and have a good assessment of the best way to implement new products, features, pricing, and approvals.
- You’ve identified business risks, inefficiencies, issues, and opportunities related to Salesforce CPQ and designed solutions to address them.
- You’ve translated Quote-to-Cash requirements into scalable solutions and worked to implement them.
- You’ve helped your peers and guided users on advanced CPQ functionality.
- You’re able to troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with respective teams to resolve operational issues and challenges.
- You’ve familiarized yourself with downstream financial systems such as NetSuite.
- You’ve built a strong understanding of our B2B subscription model and the business processes surrounding amendments, renewals, entitlements, products and discounting.
- You’ve built a scalable process to maintain system security and integrity, with regard to all user information including updates, adding/ removing licenses, reassigning profile information, designing, creating and maintaining roles and hierarchies, and monitoring usage/storage.
A background like this helps:
- You have 5+ years of Salesforce administration experience with at least 3 years of Salesforce CPQ experience including the understanding of the following topics/ processes: products, pricing, discounting, quoting processes, booking, sales compensation, billing, amendments, and renewals.
- Proven ability to translate ambiguous business and product requests into requirements.
- Experience driving business engagement with Pricing, Revenue Operations, and Finance teams to translate business requirements into solutions that reinforce standard methodologies within Salesforce and CPQ.
- Advanced knowledge of CPQ features/objects/definitions including price rules, product rules, summary variables, QLE configuration, discount matrix, tiered discounting, approvals, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical projects through requirement gathering, solution design, implementation and hypercare.
- Knowledge and experience with a SaaS company and understand the complexity of ARR, renewals, and amendments.
- You have an in-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of CPQ & Salesforce architecture coupled with a good understanding around the business processes (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, etc.).
- You have a passion for building scalable solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Familiarity with DocuSign, NetSuite or iPaas tools such as Workato, a plus.