Brinc is a global venture firm that combines accelerators, funds, and a worldwide network to drive the success of entrepreneurs building the defining companies of tomorrow. Through active engagement with startups that contribute positively to humankind and the planet, we seek investment opportunities with the objective to enhance long-term value creation, generate attractive financial returns and drive societal, environmental, and technological innovation.
We have offices globally across major emerging entrepreneurial hubs, including Hong Kong, Bahrain, China, India and Poland. To date, we have invested in and supported the growth of more than 200 startups that demonstrably contribute to solving global challenges across Food & Water Security, Healthcare, Climate Change, Urbanization, Connectivity, Transportation and Financial Inclusion. Over the next 5 years, we’ll invest in at least 1,000 new companies, furthering our efforts to support more entrepreneurs that are dedicated to solving the world’s toughest challenges.
About the Role:
Brinc is raising a US$50-100M “Web-3 fund” to invest in and partner with early stage Web-3 companies across Asia. As a General Partner, you will work closely with Brinc and Animoca leadership on capital formation, fund operations, deal origination, due diligence,investment management and portfolio management. General Partners are also responsible for promoting the Launchpad Luna brand and expanding our presence, network and impact globally. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial and passionate about Web-3, and can help accelerate the launch of our Web 3 Fund. At the onset, this role will involve developing fundraising strategies, preparing marketing materials, identifying and engaging with potential investors and helping secure investor commitments. The role will then evolve to include originating investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, presenting opportunities to the investment committee and actively creating value for our portfolio companies.
What You Will Do:
- Establish and cultivate relationships with relevant strategic and financial LPs (including sovereign funds, asset managers, pensions, endowments, family offices, corporates, high-net-worth individuals, etc.) who are interested in the Web-3 space.
- Prepare investor presentations, case studies and other marketing materials to support fundraising efforts for the Web-3 Fund.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to identify potential LPs, convey Brinc and Animoca’s value proposition and secure investment for the US$50-100M Web-3 Fund.
- Contribute to and drive investor relations by keeping LPs well-informed of Brinc and Animoca track record, fundraising progress and notable portfolio company updates.
- Source and evaluate Web-3 companies, prepare investment committee memorandums, facilitate negotiations and advise on investment decisions.
- Manage, support and monitor portfolio companies through active engagement, ongoing reporting and analysis of financial performance, including portfolio company valuations.
- Proactively create value for the Fund’s investors by curating relevant co-investment opportunities and sharing relevant industry insights, innovations and trends.
- Represent Brinc and Animoca at relevant industry events and conferences.
- Help manage the process of Fund Incorporation and creation of the full Legal Pack
- Work in tandem with the accelerator team to create systems & processes that enable Mentor LPs to actively participate and mentor startup deal selection & startup support
- Adhere to ESG principles across core investment categories
- Demonstrated experience in either
- Early-stage startup - having founded or been a very early employee of a fast-growing successful technology company with direct operational scale-up experience and expertise, or
- Early-stage venture capital - with a track record of leading investments at the seed/series A stages
- Deep network in the local founder, VC, and angel investor ecosystems
- Prior experience leading teams and individuals that have excelled in high-paced and challenging environments
- Proven experience from successfully managing complicated projects
- Bachelors or above degree from an accredited University and at least seven years of work experience
- Exceptional leadership – identifies, attracts, develops and retains high-quality teams
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and a belief the world needs more change-makers and innovators
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accomplished and structured problem-solver
- Independent and proactive with a focus on execution and results orientation
- Comfortable with ambiguity, quick changes, tight deadlines and moving targets
A competitive salary, in addition to carried interest in the teams that are accepted and participate in the Launchpad Luna accelerator program.