What is the job?
Would you get excited by being the primary developer responsible for building a network gateway that is vital for driving users' data to the Radix network? Do you have a passion for solving complex problems and manipulating databases? If so, joining the RDX Works family could be for you.
You will get to draw upon your wealth of .NET engineering experience on large enterprise systems to build out the network gateway and database schema, which is vital for the ingestion of data into the database.
You will be key to helping the business deliver the next big release, Babylon & whilst you’ll be the primary developer on the network gateway you’ll still work closely with the Tech lead David Edey and collaborate with the rest of the network team.
You will be key to building the network that is going to define the future of decentralised finance (DeFi). Here at RDX works, we understand that no matter how powerful and flexible you build a platform, at the end of the day without reliable network systems, applications and tools to service the users it won’t be a success.
What are we looking for?
- You have a good instinctual feel for the complexity of a development problem and can quickly determine which things will be risky/challenging and which should be straightforward.
- Once you understand a system concept, you are able to identify the highest value area to work on next. You can work towards the desired end state and come up with your own tasks to achieve it along the way.
- You are a high-output developer. You make rapid progress when building out systems.
- You thrive on the ability to be adaptable and enjoy flexible environments where one day is never the same.
- You could be a great fit if our company values resonate with you - Ask for help, Get shit done. Be excellent to each other. Take the initiative, You’ve got this. Do the right thing, not the easy thing. Strong opinions, loosely held.
What do you need?
- Strong commercial experience as a professional software engineer
- Fluent in C#/.NET (We use ASP NET Core)
- You will be working with APIs and integrating with databases, so having an awareness of reliability, database design and performance is important. (We use EF Core with PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with the current crypto ecosystem is a plus, but not required. When you’re here, you’ll learn a ton about it either way!
Who are we?
At RDX Works, we're a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we're living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to over $200 billion in a few years. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn't even a rounding error on the over $400 trillion held in traditional finance. We're focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
RDX went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We're keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we're also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration.
We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now.
If this job sounds like it was made for you, then please apply directly via the link or email email@example.com for more information.
Check out our company benefits here - RDX Works Benefits
Alternatively, if you feel like you don’t match all of the requirements, we would love you to still apply anyway. We understand that confidence gaps and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates and we wouldn’t want this to prevent us from meeting you; especially as we are big advocates of helping people learn & grow. This is also another reason we do not advertise salaries, we want to keep it as even a playing field as possible!