We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for an experienced Fraud Manager to join our growing Trust & Safety team. The Fraud Manager will develop processes, strategies and controls to mitigate risk while balancing player experience and operational impact to the game and platform.
- Develop fraud mitigation strategies, processes and workflows and manage chargeback dispute resolution processes
- Build, train, mentor, and develop a team of fraud analysts and investigators both internal and external
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure proper internal and external tools and models are set up for fraud process workflows
- Work closely with internal teams to investigate fraud escalations, analyze fraud attacks, and update fraud models.
- Closely monitor fraud models on effectiveness, and offer suggestions on improvements that will help reduce false positives and improve overall fraud detection capabilities
- Regularly and proactively provide analysis that transforms data into insights, to identify and quantify opportunities to reduce fraud
- Prioritize tasks in an ever changing environment, knowing how to identify and prioritize according to the business needs of the day
- Have a strong aptitude for developing KPI dashboards and other reporting tools that help monitor the health of our fraud program
- Investigate fraud issues with a high degree of autonomy and integrity
- Communicate seamlessly with other teams to promote payments and account security and raise awareness of emerging threats using diplomacy and data supported arguments
- Maintain complete confidentiality around information, processes and investigations
- Understand the impact your decisions have on the game, marketplace, community and overall customer experience
- Set ambitious goals to drive personal growth and team improvements in workflow and performance
- Be a fearless advocate for players in the areas of payments, fraud and account security
- 5+ years of ecommerce experience specifically focusing on fraud prevention and investigations
- Experience with SQL or other relational database query language skills, able to write complex queries for pulling data
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience with 3rd party risk management systems or fraud solution providers
- Experience with a variety of payment methods and their risks
- Experience with various payments systems and their dispute resolution processes
- Critical thinking, creative problem solving, natural curiosity and passion for the job are essential in this role
Nice to Have:
- Experience specifically focusing on fraud prevention and investigations in the games industry
- Experience dealing with digital goods and digital marketplaces is highly preferred
- Experience in cryptocurrencies and blockchain highly preferred
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.