Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Even though this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote friendly and believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team:
The Finance function at Okcoin is responsible for accounting, tax, treasury, platform operations, customer support assistance, financial reporting, cost management, and financial infrastructure support to drive the overall growth of the business.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior experience regulatory reporting in financial services or fintech. You will work directly with the Finance team and partner with various functional areas to take ownership of the regulatory reporting requirements for the Company. You should feel comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, initiate changes and improvements to your areas of responsibility with the end goal of providing excellent support to all the functional teams across the Company.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly grow and improve on our regulatory reporting capabilities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead and manage the regulatory reporting function for the Company, and will report directly to the Controller.
- Manage the preparation and analysis of the monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory filings for the Company in multiple jurisdictions.
- Lead review and analysis of changes and determine the impact on regulatory reporting filings
- Act as subject matter expert of regulatory reporting rules and requirements.
- Monitor and stay knowledgeable of industry, regulatory, and accounting developments and issuance of new reporting requirement standards.
- Partner with cross functional teams addressing data, process, model, analytics and policy gaps involved in regulatory reporting.
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate completion of regulatory reporting functions requirements.
- Assist in navigating the regulatory landscape, including staying on top of evolving SEC, CFTC, FinCEN, and IRS rules and regulations.
What We Look For In You:
- BS or BA in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- 6+ years experience in accounting and financial analysis/reporting experience with exposure to financial institution regulatory reporting environment.
- Solid knowledge of financial services regulatory reporting regulations and requirements.
- Self-starting problem solver, able to self-identify and execute new tasks as they emerge, and solve problems proactively to full completion without significant direction.
- The skillset to work within the demands of a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers and information.
- Ability to lead projects and work with a cross functional group of business owners.
- Strong analytical, technical, and communication skills.
- Financial technology industry experience.
- Ability to interact effectively and influence at all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working across time zones and cross cultural teams
- Bonus points if you have previously worked at a crypto exchange!
- Passionate about blockchain technology and the crypto payments space
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.