BlockFi is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Financial Operations Engineering team!
About Your Team
The Financial Operations (FinOps) organization is responsible for the back end services supporting accounting, finance, and treasury processing requirements. We design, implement, and support systems and processing flows designed to accurately track and report on daily, real-time financial activities ; treasury cash movements to fee, interest revenue recognition.
As a leader for this team, you will shape tools and products that allow us to effectively track and report multi-billion worth of assets and improve efficiency of multiple internal teams through automating critical financial processes by partnering with multiple stakeholders across Operations, Engineering and Product.
As an Engineering Manager II, you are an experienced team leader who is accomplished in steering the day to day of an engineering team including planning, architecture, execution, testing, and delivery. You proactively resolve issues faced by your team but also know who/where to escalate issues when necessary. You are a capable hands-on engineer and experienced team leader. Keys to success include a willingness to take on accountability / ownership, a collaborative approach to problem solving, a focus on team building, and a bias for action.
- Team Leadership
- Capable manager who is self-reliant and inclined towards solving issues but still has solid judgment around when to escalate.
- Responsible for people management duties across engineering team members, including: team staffing, career development of individuals, retention and performance management.
- Responsible for fostering a team culture that values collaboration, accountability, innovation, and results.
- Responsible for ensuring team members follow established processes while fostering a culture that embraces continuous improvement.
- Planning, Execution, And Delivery
- Proactively anticipates issues and works with their team to navigate around or mitigate potential hurdles.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to organize the team’s backlog and planned work.
- Responsible for organizing, leading, and delivering the team’s engineering work.
- Responsible for quality of deliverables and should champion BlockFi standards of work.
- Service Ownership
- Responsible for planning care/maintenance of services owned by the team.
- Accountable for system availability and monitoring system health; ensure alerts, metrics, and runbooks are in place; and debug issues in production.
- Subject matter expertise around owned services. Detailed knowledge of the what/how business capabilities are provided.
- Technical Breadth as well as Depth in Several Areas: 6+ years of industry experience working with, designing, and building distributed systems at scale.
- Team Leadership: 3+ years of leading a team of 6 or more engineers through daily work routines, performance management, and hiring/retaining talent.
- Technical Ownership: Experience owning software systems end-to-end, designing, estimating, implementing, testing, maintaining, debugging, and supporting high-quality software in production.
- Communication: Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Collaboration: Empathetic and does the legwork required for building consensus. Always seeks out feedback on technical designs, solutions, and code.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employercontribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork