Python Developer – Crypto Prop Trading Firm
Compensation –competitive with bonus
Alpha Lab 40 is a proprietary trading firm that uses a mix of quantitative and fundamental trading techniques to extract alpha from crypto currency markets.
The Python Developer will work on a variety of different projects that improve the trading and risk management efforts of the investment team.
The successful candidate will be comfortable collaborating with portfolio managers on the implementation of trading strategies, as well as being flexible and dynamic enough to respond to new challenges as they arise.
• Lead the development efforts as required by the Portfolio Managers
• Build applications for Portfolio Managers to monitor portfolios and track risk
• Work with various crypto exchange and database connectors including Websockets, FIX etc.
• Oversee and build out certain trading and risk features utilising the firm’s third-party Order Management System
• Create well-documented libraries and describe technical concepts clearly to Engineers, Traders and PM's
• Experience at an investment bank, hedge fund, HFT, prop trading firm or similar
• High integrity and comfortable working independently
• Advanced python experience, Java a plus
• Working with web technology, especially websockets
• Experience integrating third party tools and API development
• Server side development (on AWS desirable)
• Working knowledge of multiprocessing and managing technology that orchestrates many different functionalities
• Working knowledge with distributed systems
• Familiarity with or interest in Crypto, including defi