We’re growing our tech team at Smart Token Labs. Join us in building the fundamental components of Web3. Our mission is to connect tokens with utilities by building smart token bridges from blockchain to Web2, Web3 and real world, enabling a token centric web.
Founded in 2017, we envision it to be a cornerstone of the decentralized community, creating technology for token issuers, brands and end-users. We have two core products: AlphaWallet and TokenScript.
- AlphaWallet is the most popular fully open-source, non-custodial multi-chain wallet, used by 300+ projects in the blockchain community.
- TokenScript technology enables blockchain tokens to be smart; allowing tokens to be used as car keys, event tickets, etc.
- TokenScript technology includes Brand Connector, Derivatives Logic, Attestation, and many others.
Smart Token Labs is a multi-disciplinary, international team. And we are growing. Most of the work we do is open-sourced. Hence working for us also means contributing towards building the fabric of the next generation of web. Join us in building the fundamental components for Web3.
About the Role
Smart Token Labs is looking for fellow self-motivated full-stack developers to join the team and lead the development of various smart contracts and web3 components for TokenScript. Experience in creating, deploying and maintaining web3 websites for at least one year is a must for this role.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in the creation of web applications using modern libraries and frameworks with a great interest in Web3 technologies.
In the role you will work closely with a small team of dedicated and experienced technologists that will assist with delivery; including designers, the product owner as well as the core engineering and QA team.
As a core developer you will contribute towards building professional grade open source software that is made to scale.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the product team on the Token Negotiator (open source library)
- Develop new library features
- Helping with the design, stability and scalability of the code base
- Analyse, detect and implement code optimisations to improve the efficiency of the library (with code quality tools such as Google Lighthouse and SonarQube)
- Provide code fixes to bugs working with the QA team
- Work with designers towards UI enhancements
- Implement unit tests and code health related tasks to maintain the library
- Join and contribute to our weekly team meetings and other STL events
- The opportunity to work with clients and create examples to help demonstrate the capabilities of the Token Negotiator
- 4+ years experience working with the following technologies and languages; JS, HTML, CSS, TypeScript, NodeJS, Rest APIs, Webpack (or similar build tools)
- Experience working within full stack technology teams (who manage; client applications, backend services, data management, analytics, CICD, QA processes)
- Deep understanding and skills in writing cross browser compatible web applications
- Experience and knowledge with API's; design, integration, usage (rate limits) and cache
- Ability to write maintainable, reusable code and following best web practices (including: async application design / network success and error handling flows, accessibility, cross browser/device compatibility)
- Use of Github and version control software within teams
- Worked in development pipelines that include unit tests, code reviews, PR’s
- A level understanding of blockchain with some experience using web3 technologies
- Experience creating NPM packages would be beneficial to the role
- Remote and asynchronous work with outcome-based work ethics - you pick your time, how and where you work from
- Access to WeWork office spaces globally
- 4 weeks of paid holiday
- Regular holidays based on your location
- Front seat for the new web3 frontier
- An innovation-driven work environment that supports self-initiatives
This position is remote-friendly. Qualified candidates from anywhere are welcomed to apply.