IT Field Services Engineer
As a Field Services Senior Engineer, you will play a key role in our service delivery and continuous improvement and be one of the faces of ICT, so professional appearance and conduct is of the highest importance along with the confidence to interact with all levels of staff. Working closely with the Head of Field Services, ICT colleagues and business users you will ensure that all work is completed to the highest standards and within the agreed SLA targets and drive a continuous service improvement plan.
You should have a good understanding of Windows operating systems from Win7 through to Win10 as well as a good awareness of the Microsoft 365 stack and Active directory. You must be able to translate technical knowledge and fixes into easy-to-understand business language. Experience of leading a team of technical staff is an advantage.
Knowledge of corporate standard hardware, PC’s, Laptops, Tablets, etc. as well as mobile telephony are a must and experience with Multi-Function Printing (MFD) and its associated software is an advantage.
The team undertake office moves and fit outs/shutdowns, so a willingness to ‘get your hands dirty’ is important and the ability to think on your feet and manage a heavy workload are important.
Knowledge of networks and infrastructure hardware, configuration and fault finding would be advantageous.
The Agilisys Field Services Team sit within the groups Managed Services division and are the ‘face of I.T.’ to the business user community. Working closely with senior Managed Services staff, ICT colleagues and business users you will ensure that all work is completed to the highest standards and within the agreed SLA targets.
The Field Services Team Senior Engineer must have a flexible approach to work and workloads, have excellent inter-personal skills and the ability handle work pressures. They must be experienced in leading technical staff and familiar with ITL best practices.
As a key role within the IT Shared Services area, the key responsibilities are:
- Experience of creating and maintaining procedural documentation.
- Hardware support (laptops, desktops, tablets, docking stations / port replicators, printers and MFD’s).
- Supporting of Windows 7 – 10, Active Directory, Antivirus, SCCM, InTune, Microsoft 365 and all its associated elements.
- Troubleshooting of Corporate networks and Infrastructure.
- Experience of supporting a wide range of desktop applications within a corporate environment and their interaction with ICT systems.
- Install replacement components within Desktops & Laptops.
- Use of windows deployment technologies.
- Proven ability in desktop and application support.
- Good understanding of corporate networks and firewalls (no administration required but an understanding of how these impact field support areas).
- Supporting a wide range of staff levels and ICT competencies.
- Asset Management & Redundant IT Equipment processes.
- Experience with disk encryption software.
- Exceptional customer service skills’
- Ability to manage a fast paced, diverse set of requirements daily.
- Excellent all-round written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to drive on-time delivery of tasks.
- Qualified to at least ITIL V4 Foundation level with the appropriate certificate is an advantage, but ITIL V3 Foundation is mandatory.