Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Dublin.
About the Opportunity:
As our Senior IT Administrator, you will report to the European IT Manager in a hands-on role that offers the opportunity to strengthen the team as Okcoin scales rapidly in Europe.
You will be challenged to provide guidance for developing, implementing and monitoring a strategic, comprehensive EU cybersecurity and IT risk management program.
You will engage with the broader company to ensure alignment on policy, procedures, compliance and objectives, including information security related training for EU employees. You will make recommendations to improve IT performance at our EU sites. You will perform root cause analysis and recommend procedures and controls for information problem prevention, document with issue and report to key stakeholders.
This is a hybrid position.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Set up and maintain local IT infrastructure per EU requirements
- Purchasing of equipment.
- EU office IT technical support and asset Management (laptop, virtual server, data)
- Data classification and governance EU requirements
- Manage business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- 3rd party vendor / tool management
- Provide training to local teams on company-wide IT related policies
- Manage the execution of special assignments and projects as directed
- Provide strategic recommendations to enhance processes, procedures, governance approaches, and compliance, including assistance with external and internal auditing, technical reviews and identification of security risks
- Business continuity - Resilience and backups
- Maintaining and improving Gsuite
What We Look For In You:
- 3+ years working experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Business
- Excellent interpersonal abilities with strong written and oral communication skills and is comfortable working cross-functionally to produce results
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and process-focused in managing key deliverables and multiple timelines with a track record of delivering results
- Flexibility to travel within Malta/EU and global company offices as needed
Nice to Haves:
- Experience within Blockchain, Crypto and/or Fintech
- Experience with, Google Cloud
- Experience with JumpCloud
- Experience With Okta
- Experience defining, building, and maintaining an IT program, and have strong opinions for how to make it better
- Ability to demonstrate experience with installation, configuration, and troubleshooting desktop and/or server hardware and software
- Previous experience/knowledge of Apple technology and MacOS
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.