About the team:
Compliance is the defence of the realm. We work hard to ensure that Luno is in full compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, accepted business practices, and internal standards. Our vision is to be the best compliance team in the industry, maintaining excellent relationships with regulators and playing a key role in Luno to help upgrade our customers safely and swiftly.
The role in a nutshell:
We are looking for an energetic, ambitious and talented Compliance Officer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is capable of supporting the increasing needs of our Singapore business. You will be an integral member of the team in Singapore and work with all areas of the global business to help ensure that Luno maintains a robust and responsible compliance program. The successful candidate will be passionate about compliance, with a drive to contribute to and enhance the strong compliance culture across the organisation.
Your mission will be:
- You will provide on-the-ground support on all compliance related matters in Singapore, including adherence to our regulatory obligations to the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Suspicious Transaction Reporting Office (STRO) and any other relevant agencies.
- You will provide your subject matter expertise to all areas of the business, including Customer Success and product development.
- You will report directly to the Regional Head of Compliance, SEA and be part of the regional team to contribute, achieve and maintain excellent and robust Compliance standards throughout the company.
- You will work closely with the global Compliance Operations team, providing on-the-ground support in areas such as Risk Assessment, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Transaction Monitoring, investigation of suspicious transactions and activities, filing of SAR/STRs to the local Financial Intelligence Unit (STRO), as well as ad-hoc and periodic regulatory reporting to the relevant authorities.
- Critical Thinking: Provides evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicating well in writing and can explain complex technical analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Creative Thinking: Open to new ideas and experiences. Seeks out learning opportunities. Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity. Thinks broadly and strategically. Supports and drives organisational change.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on results and achieving personal work objectives. Works best when work is related closely to results and the impact of personal efforts is obvious. Shows an understanding of business, commerce and finance.
A little about you:
- At least 2 years of compliance experience in the financial services industry, with a particular focus on AML/CFT compliance.
- A pragmatic and responsible approach to compliance with regulatory obligations.
- The ability to collaborate across geographies, functional areas and competencies.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills and enjoy a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
- A desire for continuous learning, with the ability to quickly adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience in the cryptocurrency or capital market industry (desirable, but not essential).
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone’s hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong AML measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.