OpenNode is building the future of money through simple, secure, instant, and low-cost Bitcoin payment infrastructure for businesses, platforms, and people everywhere.
We are now seeking a Compliance and Monitoring Officer to lead our due diligence function and ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
The role will report to the Head of Compliance. This position is full-time and remote.
- Passion for bitcoin and the future of money
- Insanely organized, seriously fun to work with
- 4+ years experience in financial services, with preferably 2 years in crypto
- Prior experience with bitcoin AML investigations
- Deep understanding of the industry, including relevant technologies, exchanges, regulators, wallet providers, service providers etc.
- Fully appreciate the complexity and diversity of global crypto regulations
- Ability to collaborate and work across the company
- Capable and willing to add value from micro to macro
- Thoughtful and articulate.
- Serious about the responsibility for ensuring OpenNode meets is regulatory obligations
- Provide advice and guidance on all compliance considerations
- Define internal risk policies
- Stay up to date with regulations across operating jurisdictions
- Ensure appropriate money transfer licenses in place
- Draft OpenNode user policies
- Define and implement best in class operational procedures
- Maintain banking relationships
- Oversee and optimize KYC/KYB processes
- Deploy and maintain industry-leading transaction monitoring processes
- Act as liaison for AML investigations
- Respond to law enforcement requests for information
- Entrepreneurship or startup experience
- Technical background
- Speak multiple languages and/or have spent significant time abroad
- Well connected in the crypto and/or payments industry